Sunday, May 21, 2017

Vintage Finds - Junk hunting with Mom

They held a "Vintage Market Days" event in North Augusta this weekend. I was excited to go check it out so Mom and I made plans to head over there on Saturday morning. While it was a very nice event and I enjoyed it and did pick up a few things, there was not a lot of real vintage there. Maybe 3 or 4 vendors actually had vintage items. I did really like this booth and bought one of the cupcake stands made from old bed springs.


I also found this vintage postcard for $1.50, because I have the dearest brother ever I had to have it.


Since we were really close to our favorite junk shop over in North Augusta, we decided to stop by when we left the Vintage Market Day Event. I am glad we did, I found some pretty good junk.


A couple of old dolls, the Irwin Kewpie Doll needs the arms restrung but other than that it's in good shape. I don't know anything about the other doll yet.


Ronson Lighter in box, an Old Medical School or Fraternity Pin and a lovely little Gold Locket.


I know two red headed girls that are going to want this little Tin Litho Horse!


A few holiday items, tiny Chalkware Chick, miniature Santa Mug and a Japan Elf.




Had to save this little couple. They are not in great shape but I love them anyway! I think from the 1930's.



A vintage child's Peanuts Sweatshirt. I sure did love the Peanuts when I was a child.


Not sure what this is, thinking an Ink Roller, if you have any ideas let me know.


The Hat/Wig Box has a cloth head form inside, never have seen one like this before.



So it was all in all a fun day out junking with Mom.

Hope you are having a wonderful weekend!

2 comments:

  1. I think your tool is a brayer. Sounds like fun, but it's always disappointing when not vintage as advertised. I love Santa mugs with bottle brush trees inside them!

    ReplyDelete