Saturday, May 6, 2017

Estate Sales

Well Mom and I finally found a good estate sale yesterday! It was down in the Hill Area  and was held in a really lovely old home.

It was crazy crowded though, I think I waited in line about 30 minutes to check out.

I bought a ton of stuff new and old. I thought I would share the old stuff.

We are crazy Beatles fans in this house, so I was happy to find a reproduction Beatles poster nicely framed. Mom found the John Lennon book but I bought it from her.



Loving this little vintage postcard box, could have possibly been a cigar box. It has small metal tags on the side that are marked "Wizard" and "F. Grammes & Sons", I am thinking maybe from around the 1920's. Since I have about a million old postcards, this will come in handy.




I love this little locket, it is enamel with a small diamond chip in it. Not sure if it is gold or not. I researched and this could be an Antique Victorian piece. Not sure yet, still researching but it is just a lovely piece.


A  1953-55 Madame Alexander "Margot" Ballerina Doll that need a little TLC but I am in the habit of rescuing Vintage Dolls.


I have been looking for one of these glove molds for a long time, I finally snagged one yesterday.


A few more vintage finds from yesterday - hankies, child's embroidered duvet, Nixon pinbacks, redwork patterns, and some Woolworth Easter Baskets.







The sale is running through Sunday, I may have to go back for the 50% off!

Hope you are having a wonderful weekend!

3 comments:

  1. I love the Postcards box.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty hankies and fun finds. I'm going to the flea market tomorrow and maybe hit a couple 2nd sales.
    deb

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lots of nice treasures. I like the embroidered deer linen!

    ReplyDelete