Monday, June 16, 2014

1930s Old Maid Cards

If you read my earlier post then you know I had a good junking day on Saturday. The "Great Garage Sale" that I attended yielded many treasures. I bought a box lot for $2 and couldn't wait to get home to dig through it. I was very happy to find some 1930s Old Maid cards down in the bottom of that box. They are just amazing. I just love the illustrations. Thought I would share a couple with you:










Bonus, there were two sets. One for me to keep and one to sell. I love it when that happens!
I think Hattie Hatter is my favorite!

7 comments:

  1. What an incredible surprise to find. The illustrations are precious. Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are cool I have a set from the 70's Im trying to sell with no luck. Good luck on yours

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love those cards! I have been picking up some cute cards lately - the illustrations on them are the sweetest and there are just so many Old Maid ones!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are so cute! I love them. I think maybe my favorite is Gurgling Gertie. LOL! Hugs, Dianne

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love those! i used to collect old maid sets but haven't come across any i didn't have in a while! This set is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the illustrations, nice find!

    ReplyDelete