Saturday, February 25, 2012

Introducing Hazel

This is the second weekend that mom and I have stayed in and put our junking adventures on hold. The Junior League Attic Sale is next Friday night and we are trying to curb our spending until then (it is the best sale of the year around here). However, that didn't stop me from browsing the ads on Craigslist. I have never purchased anything from Craigslist, usually the prices aren't that good but I still like to look at the antiques listed. A while back there was an ad for a gorgeous old dress form and I kind of wanted it but didn't contact the person who listed it and eventually it disappeared and I forgot about it. It reappeared this week. I decided to reply to the ad to see if the price was negotiable and get some more photos sent to me. What can I say, it all worked out and I picked up my purchase last night. So I would like to introduce you to Hazel:








I'm not sure what I am going to do with her yet. She would be great to use for sewing since she is adjustable but she would also make a great way to display mom's jewelry at the booth. Either way I am thrilled with my first ever Craigslist purchase.

Hoping everyone found many fabulous treasures this week!

Sharing with:

French Country Cottage - Feathered Nest Friday 
Her Library Adventures - Flea Market Finds 
Apron Thrift Girl - Thrift Share Monday 
Coastal Charm - Nifty Thrifty Tuesday 
Very Merry Vintage  Style - Share the Love Wednesday 
Common Ground - Vintage Inspiration Friday

27 comments:

  1. What a brilliant purchase! Can't wait to see what you use it for.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I purchased a dress form yesterday too Mine isnt quite as old as yours though I might do a post later today if I have time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice purchase! I've not bought anything from Craigslist either...If I do, I hope my first purchase will be as good as yours!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I posted my manny

    http://beckypries.blogspot.com/2012/02/i-got-her-and-im-going-to-keep-her.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. The display possibilities are endless. A very fun find but I can't wait to see what you get at that sale!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hazel is fantastic! Can't wait to see her in future post.❤

    ReplyDelete
  7. This caught my eye when I was linking uo over at "Her Library Adventures". Awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hazel is a stunner, what a wonderful find!

    Jem xXx

    ReplyDelete
  9. HOLY COW!! I purchase on craig all the time, bbut I never see ladies like these!! You are one LUCKY girl! andrea@townandprairie

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great find!! Hazel is beautiful....a lady with character! I'm sure she will be put to good use.
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great Find! I haven't seen a find like that on craig's list ever. My kid is asleep- I'm gonna surf on their now :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love Hazel - lucky you and well done!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Super cool! I never think to look on Craigslist but you've inspired me to give it a try. Hazel is charming. I especially love the expandable metal bottom. She would look great in a shop, like you said. I can't wait to see what you buy this weekend :) Good luck!
    Lynn at Cottage and Creek

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have one very similar but mine is in really rough shape! Good for you to get such a nice one! Thanks for stopping by my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I totally LOVE that form! and Jill (above)...yours in great and it works in your home very well. ;)

    would love to see where the ha-zel hazel lands. I have yet to buy on C.L....but have sold plenty on there!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love your dress form- what a beautiful find!! Thanks for linking up at Feathered Nest Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love the dress form! That's a great piece for a room. I am always on the lookout for tall standing objects. My last acquisition was an antique easel.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great dress form. You are going to find a lot of uses for that vintage piece.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love the dress form and the name fits her!

    ReplyDelete
  20. You did great! She's amazing! I've never bought anything on CL either but have thought about it. She will be a great addition to your home or space!
    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  21. Congratulations on your successful entry into the world of Craigslist. Wonderful dress form.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wow! Hazel would have been gone in an instant around here. We just don't see her kind with the beautiful cage and stand very often. Great find!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. You definitely scored on this! I need to find one myself because I just love them! Thanks so much for stopping by!

    ~Trisha

    ReplyDelete
  24. She's fabulous! Thanks for linking up to Share the Love Wednesday at Very Merry Vintage Style!
    Mary

    ReplyDelete