Saturday, February 4, 2012

Georgia Pickers

Well I certainly did not have high hopes for today. I had to work and knew I could not be out and about hunting for junk. I decided to try to hit a couple of sales early this morning before I had to arrive at work. The first sale advertised a lot of vintage glass and other vintage items, however most of the glass was chipped. They did have a pretty vanity that needed a little work but I was a little to late on the draw and someone else snagged it right out from under me. I was so disappointed, it just sucked the joy right out of me. I did manage to  pull myself together and purchase the following:






I also stopped by a consignment sale but did not find anything so I headed on to work. I told mom that I would be off work around 1:30p and she needed to be on stand by. I had a lead for the afternoon. A few months ago I had a plumber come out to do some repairs and he noticed that I had several vintage fans. He asked me if I would like to come out and look at some old stuff he wanted to get rid of including several old fans. He told me in  his line of work they often come across old junk and he usually takes it home with him and that his wife was nagging him to let some of the stuff go. So we made a date for this afternoon and it did not disappoint. Here are the items we picked up from the plumber:








So I felt like I redeemed myself for losing out on the vanity. I am keeping the small Emerson Jr. fan and the post office box for myself. Mom is keeping one of the fans and a little watch. I have posted more detailed photo's here on our Facebook page. I think I am going to play on Pinterest for a while.

Hope you all had a great day and found many treasures.

Sharing my finds with:

Her Library Adventures - Flea Market Finds
Chic on a Shoestring Decorating - Flaunt it Friday 
Apron Thrift Girl - Thrift Share Monday 
Coastal Charm - Nifty Thrifty Tuesday 
Very Merry Vintage Style - Share the Love Wednesday

17 comments:

  1. Don't let the vanity thing get you down, you managed to score some wonderful stuff! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Westinghouse fan is my favorite, love the color and the share of the guard. When I saw the mailbox I think I had envy in my eyes! Wonderful linens.❤

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think my favorite is the little fireman water pump toy.The graphics are just too cute.I could see it with a little pot of herbs in it or using it as a container at a party for napkins, silverware,etc.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, what a goldmine pick! Those fans are great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have nominated you for the Versatile Bloggers Award, please check out my blog on Monday, February 5th.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lucky girl you are! I love those fans!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great finds from the plumber! Love the graphics on the thermometer!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome finds...love all the fans and that mirror...thanks for sharing at NTT.

    Blessings,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! You got some great stuff! Amazing fans! You never know where you will find the best stuff!
    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the fans--those are getting really hard to find. Thanks for linking up to STL Wednesday!
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love those fans! You really scored with the plumber. (Okay, somehow that sounded different in my head...)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow! You scored! The things you got from your plumber are wonderful. I don't know what I like best. For me, I think it's the Tru Ade thermometer. I have an old one I unscrewed from the wall in a garage at an estate sale one time. Paid $2.00 and I still love it. The fans are so cool too - no pun intended! Thanks for sharing your treasures and don't fret about the vanity. Something else will come along.
    Lynn at Cottage and Creek
    www.cottageandcreek.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. I wouldn't worry about missing out on the dresser either with treasures like these in your hot little hands!
    What alot of awesome stuff! What an awesome plummer!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oops! Apologies for poor spelling. I meant, of course plumber!

    ReplyDelete