Sunday, December 18, 2011

Christmas Tree from Vintage Linen

I always pick up vintage linen that I like even if it is stained or has holes in it. I like to keep these damaged linens in my sewing room for future projects. So I dug out a piece this morning to use for a little Christmas tree project idea that I had. I found a sewing book at the Goodwill a while back and it had a photo of some fabric mushrooms (I thought two of them looked like Christmas trees). I thought right then and there that I wanted to try to make a Christmas tree using this pattern. Here is the book that sparked the idea:



So it took all of about 20 minutes to make my version of this as a Christmas tree. I had a bottle brush tree that I used for the base (I had ruined it while bleaching it, forgot about it and bleached it to death). I picked a vintage linen that had some red work on it and this is what I ended up with:








I like the way it turned out and the possibilities are endless. I think I am going to go upstairs and make some more.

6 comments:

  1. I love your little christmas tree and it looks perfect with your red transferware dishes.

    Danielle

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, make more the are really cute! How I wish I knew how to sew. Very cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know how to sew but don't much care for it. Lovely dishes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely blog and very pretty finds too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so darn cute! I don't think I have ever ran across vintage linen. I love redwork and your little tree looks so cute sitting in your dishes. The cover of that book would make me pick it up to buy also. Have a Merry Christma!

    ReplyDelete