Saturday, October 15, 2011

Everything but the Kitchen Sink

Wow, where do I start. My plan for this morning was to attend a Church Rummage Sale that is held twice a year. There is always tons of stuff at really great prices. I arrived about 7 a.m. and proceeded to get down to business. The sale did not disappoint. I had to go unload 3 times before I was thoroughly satisfied that I had seen it all. Here are a few of the items from the rummage sale:

Rosenthal - Germany

Harmony House Genuine Ironstone

Toaster Cover

Toaster Cover

Sweet Kitchen Towel

Great Old Belker Suitcase

Coverlet & Pillowcase
While I was at the church sale a lady told me about an estate sale that was located on the way to an appointment that I had at 11 a.m., so I decided I had time to drop by before my appointment. I pulled up to the house and I must say looks can be deceiving, I could never have imagined what that house held inside. Lots of vintage goodies, unfortunately for me they were going to mark everything down at 12 p.m. and I knew I would never make it back from my appointment by then. So I picked my one must have item and paid full price (and I went ahead and purchased some small things too). I was hoping when I came back to pick up my big purchase that there would still be some good stuff left. So I returned and it had pretty much been cleaned out but there were three lovely rusty garden items left that I wanted so I put them with my big purchase that I had already paid for and I told the lady at the table I was going to get them but wanted to go back through the house first. Picked up a few more items in the house and returned to the checkout outside and they had sold my garden items to someone else (Iwas heartbroken - maybe even a little mad but I should have known better - should have made them put a hold sticker on the items). Anyway here are a few of the items purchased at the Estate Sale:

Vintage Raggedy Ann/Andy Dolls

Small Tablecloth

Rusty Candleabra

Shoe  Stretchers

Her eyes move

1914 World Atlas Book

Lovely Bangles

Beautiful Vintage Apron

Vintage Baby Diaper Shirt

Vintage "Mr. Dino" Dress

Vintage Dress
My big purchase item is still in the Explorer, nobody was home to help me unload it. It's an old metal bakers rack with 2 metals trays. I will post photo's as soon as I can get it unloaded.


I did take about 200 photo's of all the items I purchased today. Lots of linen, vintage cards, and a ton of other good stuff. If you want to take a look, you can go here and here on our Facebook Page.
Hope you all had a great weekend and found lots of wonderful vintage things!

Sharing with:
Her Library Adventures - Flea Market Finds
Apron Thrift Girl - Thrift Share Monday 
Cap Creations 
Coastal Charm - Nifty Thrifty Thursday 
Very Merry Vintage - Share the Love Wednesday

14 comments:

  1. Lots of lovely linens! Love that suitcase, too! I'll be sure to check out your Facebook photos to see all the treasures you found today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow you found quite a bit. Don't you just love a good rummage sale?

    blessings,
    Danielle

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great stuff! The Raggedy Anns are wonderful and all the lovely lines too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great finds - my favourite is the coverlet and pillowcase - just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What great finds - the little baby dress is just so cute!
    Liz @ Shortbread & Ginger

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! Great finds! I love the pitchers and those bangles. . .

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love everything but the suitcase is my favorite.❤

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'd say you had a very successful weekend! Your treasures are wonderful. I especially love the linens. The toaster covers and little tea towel are darling. I'm off to visit your etsy shop. Thanks for sharing.
    Lynn :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great finds! We had some stuff sold from under us also. I don't leave my stuff alone any more. Thanks for sharing all your wonderful finds.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great haul! i love days like that!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What wonderful items you found, bad luck about the garden items, it can be very maddening.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow what great linens! I love the vintage apron. Thank you for linking up over at Cap Creations.

    ReplyDelete
  13. You've been featured over at Cap Creations! Come take a peek. http://blog.capscreations.com/2011/10/thrifty-goodness-link-up.html

    Thank you for linking up, we love having you!

    ReplyDelete