Friday, July 1, 2011

Slim Pickings

Took the day off today in hopes of spending it on a great treasure hunt. That did not happen, not many sales advertised I guess due to the Holiday weekend. So I decided to head over to my new favorite thrift store the Salvation Army. After endlessly digging through racks and racks of clothes, I was rewarded with a beautiful Tweed Jacket (H&M Sweden). Almost can't wait for fall when I can start sporting my new jacket. Also picked up a set of 5 sweet juice glasses made in Italy. Found a few sewing notions and was ready to check out and move on. I stopped by Joann's Fabrics to pick up some material for a vintage sewing project I will be working on this weekend at some not so thrifty prices (I always forget my coupon). After some soul searching, I decided I would go to the Goodwill (I am still upset with then over the two vintage coats I had to put back on the rack due to the price). Shopped around and didn't find too much, but did walk out with a unusual picture frame made in Italy (it is really different and I like different) and two long stemmed Apothecary Jars. Apothecary Jars are great to use for candy displays for a birthday party, holiday or any other special occasion. Also picked up a butter dish with a handle and butter knife. Don't think I will be doing any thrifting tomorrow as I hope to spend the day on my sewing project. Hope to report on the sewing project in the next couple of days.
My new Tweed Jacket ($4.49)

Frame made in Itay


Juice glasses made in Italy (the photo does not do them justice)

Butter Dish
Apothecary Jars
A candy display I created at Easter

No comments:

Post a Comment