Friday, July 15, 2011

Hill House Part 1









Okay my experience today will take more than one blog to chronicle. I was wide awake at 6 a.m. this morning (I should have been in a deep sleep) but the anticipation of what I might find at the Hill House was weighing too heavy on my mind. I got up and the first order of the business for the day was to call my mother to see if she had changed her mind about attending the sale with me. She had (somehow I knew that she would). I was ready, out the door, and at my mother's at 8 a.m. and did remember to grab my camera. We headed over, got a good parking spot, grabbed our totes and got in line (a pretty good spot too). There were a few teasers on the porch (an old trunk, rocking horse and a gorgeous baby carriage) to keep our minds occupied while we waited. After what seemed like an hour (in reality was about 15 minutes) the doors opened. My strategy was to head upstairs first but that didn't work out as they had the stairs roped off and everything was on the first floor. It was all a blur from there, I just started flinging stuff in my tote left and right. I met up with mom at some point and she had like 3 items in her bag. How does that happen, I guess we are different that way, I buy too much and she doesn't buy enough. I just don't have any self control when it comes to this part of my life. I think I left the sale with about 47 items and mom had about 5. I plan to sort through everything, take some pictures of my great vintage finds and post part 2 tomorrow. So stay tuned...

No comments:

Post a Comment