Sunday, July 3, 2011

Busy Busy Day

I am feeling a little overwhelmed! I started on my vintage sewing project yesterday and felt like I was a contestant on Project Runway working on my creation for hours and hours on end (no Tim Gunn coming in to tell me to "make it work"). Working with vintage patterns can be tough, instructions were not as detailed back then as they are today. Sometimes you just have to figure it all out. I still consider myself a beginner when it comes to sewing so it probably takes me longer than more advanced sewers. When I finally decided to call it a day I couldn't believe it was 8pm. I guess time flies when you are doing something you love. I am working on 1950's Kimono Robe (MCcalls Pattern 2327). I need to head back up the stairs and finish it up today so I can post some pictures but I am also trying to photograph and list some items on Etsy and I have a ton of items that I have picked up at estate sales over the past month that need to be cleaned and tagged for our booth at the antique mall. But these are all things I love doing so I'm not complaining.
Bonus for today - the red headed girls are coming over!

1950's Kimono Pattern I am working on

Circa 1940's Crochet Glove pattern coming soon to our Etsy Store

Vintage Wheaton Apothecary Glass Jars coming soon to our Etsy Store

Bought a whole box of trinkets/crosses - coming soon to our Esty store

Vintage trinkets (boy do I remember these, used to get them from the gumball machine in my Granddaddy's store)
The Red Headed Girls

No comments:

Post a Comment