Sunday, July 31, 2011

An Art Glass Day - My Finds

Mom and I were up and out early Saturday morning with our route mapped out. We had toyed around with the idea of attending an Estate Sale that was about an hour and a half away, but in the end decided to stay in town. There were several promising ads in the paper. I think we made the right choice as we found some really great stuff and the prices at yards sales can't be beat. The best sale of the day was an unadvertised one that we kind of stumbled upon where we found some Murano art glass. Although we found some great items at that sale I didn't think we were ever going to find our way out of that neighborhood. We finally had to stop and ask a man that was out cutting grass how to get back to the main road. Mom and I really have no sense of direction! We did eventually find our way out and over to a moving sale in an older neighborhood in town. I was poking around outside when I heard someone calling my name. I looked up and there was my sister Van. We all ended up going in together and purchasing an old dining room set with an unusual hutch and buffet. The last stop of the day (as the heat was unbearable) was a dealer who was going out of business. Of course they do not like to part with their stuff at the prices I like to pay but we did end up making a few good deals. Here are some of my finds for the day.




These glasses are staying with me, I fell in love with them.




As I am always posting my finds, please click here to see Mom's finds and as always you can check out our Facebook Page to see all our finds for this weekend.

Hope everyone had a great weekend and found many treasures!

Linking to: Flea Market Finds
Linking to: Southern Hospitality

6 comments:

  1. The glasses and candelabra are absolutely fab!

    Jem xXx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jem! I collect vintage cocktail napkins and vintage barware and just had to have these beauties!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks VintageSweetheart,I loved your coat!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That grumpy little frog is adorable! Love him!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, he does have an attitude! I love him too!

    ReplyDelete